Einstein is one of the undisputed genius' of the twentieth century, but, his early academic reports suggested anything but a glittering career in academia. His early teachers found him dim and slow to learn. Part of the problem was that Albert expressed no interest in learning languages and learning by rote that was popular at the time.
Einstein suggested that light doesn't just travel as waves but as electric currents. This photoelectric effect could force metals to release tiny stream of particles known as 'quanta'. From this Quantum Theory, other inventors were able to develop devices such as television and movies. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921
School failed me, and I failed the school. It bored me. The teachers behaved like Feldwebel (sergeants). I wanted to learn what I wanted to know, but they wanted me to learn for the exam - Einstein
Wikipedia : Einstein
